At Colston's, we believe that every child should fulfil their potential, and that includes pupils who are High Achievers (Gifted and Talented).
In addition to extension tasks set by subject staff as a normal part of differentiation within the classroom, pupils idenitified as High Achievers are extended through an exciting and challenging programme of extra-curricular activities.
Our pupils have won national poetry competitions, achieved second place in the National Final of the Faraday Challenge, have played sport at national level and won places at prestigious drama schools including the Bristol Old Vic. They have also been successful in winning places at Oxford and Cambridge. Here is just a flavour of some of the activities on offer in the Sixth Form:
- Senior Maths Challenges
- Carnegie Book Group
- Creative writing competitions
- Future Leaders Programme
- Bristol Academy rugby coaching
- Specialist coaching in hockey, tennis and netball
- Oxbridge / Competitive Admissions university application programme
- Senior Science Club
- Literature seminars by Bristol University lecturers and PhD pupils
- Engineering partnership with Bristol University
- Public Speaking (ESU and Gabbler’s)
- Biology and Chemistry Olympiads
- Bristol Schools’ Art Competition