Children in the EYFS learn by playing and exploring, being active, and through creative and critical thinking which takes place both indoors and outside.
We aim to give children the best possible start. We believe a number of things make us special:
- teacher- led Nursery supported by experienced classroom assistants.
- small play groups and very generous staffing ratios.
- a fun environment which is safe and secure.
- extensive use of Colston's 30 acre site, including Forest School in our wooded area.
- nursery trips organised off-site to local places of interest.
- outstanding pastoral care, supported by close links between the Nursery and home.
- strong family values reflected throughout all year groups at Colston's
- close links with our reception classes to make the transition as smooth as possible.
- extended school day available to assist working parents.