Sport plays a huge part in the life of all students at Colston’s and we are rightfully proud of our very strong and robust sporting tradition for both boys and girls.
As well as providing the opportunity for students to experience camaraderie, leadership and teamwork opportunities, sport offers challenges both physical and mental and sees students given the chance to display empathy, confidence, creativity, determination and self-discipline.
The skills learnt and personal qualities developed are invaluable in later life and are very much part of our co-curricular and sport programme.
We have recently been left a gift from one of our Old Colstonians who has requested that we offer Sports Scholarships to girls from Bristol and beyond to enable them to develop their passion and commitment to achieve excellence in this area.
Girls who receive a Sports Scholarship will thrive within our Sports Department where a structured programme for elite performers is supplemented by visiting professionals and specialist coaches. We have supported students competing on the international stage to ensure they achieve their potential academically and also in their sporting ambitions.
To be successful in their application candidates must:
- Perform well in our written entrance assessments.
- Have an interview with the Headmaster and or the Director of Sport.
- Provide references from current coaches.
- Have already achieved or possess the potential to achieve county and often national levels in one of the school’s principal sports: hockey, netball, tennis and cricket.
- Attend a Sports Scholarship assessment day where they will take part in a variety of sports activities.
Substantial awards may be available for eligible candidates entering Year 7, 9 and Sixth Form in September 2019.
Please email: email@example.com for further information.